We’re co-hosting a special LIVE event, in partnership with the Elected Podcast, for Massachusetts Civic Learning Week. This episode will feature a panel discussion of young leaders who have advocated for change in their communities.
This panel will include a conversation about how they turned their interests into action by becoming civically engaged and learning how policies come to be in Massachusetts.
The panel will be moderated by:
- Meg Wheeler, JL Boston Member, Activist, Host of the Elected podcast, and recent candidate for State Senate
- Pamela Lynch, Advocacy Chair for the Junior League of Boston
- Brianna Bennett, Sustainability Advisor for the Town of Cohasset and the Youth Outreach Officer for the Hull Democratic Town Committee
- Tara Wilson, Legislative and Budget Director for a Massachusetts State Senator and member of Beacon BLOC
- Whitney Mooney, Development and Marketing Manager at YWCA Cambridge and the Diversity Coordinator for the Wallingford Democratic Town Committee
- Leyla Mandel, Co-Founder of the Watertown Sunrise Movement, Co-Founder of Uplift Watertown and budding filmmaker
- Arianna Constant-Patton, high school senior, Associate Program Coordinator at Teen Empowerment, and budding artist
Each year the Massachusetts Civic Learning Coalition hosts the Massachusetts Civic Learning Week in April. Massachusetts Civic Learning Week aims to build broader awareness of and support for civic learning; amplify and celebrate youth voice, and empower participants to envision themselves as changemakers in our democracy. The week’s programs, events, and activities are hosted and organized by the Massachusetts Civic Learning Coalition (MCLC) in partnership with teachers and students from across the Commonwealth.
After finding inspiration at the event, you can attend a primer on how to start advocating for change on Thursday!
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com
JOIN US LIVE WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28TH AT 7 P.M. EASTERN